Terms & Conditions
1. Entire Agreement. This Agreement incorporates the entire understanding between the Videographer and the Client. Any modifications of this Agreement must be in writing and agreed by both parties. Any agreement to waive one or more provisions of this agreement or any failure by one or both parties to enforce a provision of this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any other portion or provision of this agreement.
2. Exclusive Videographer. The Videographer shall be the exclusive videographer retained by the Client for the purpose of videoing the event. Guests, family and friends of the client shall be permitted to video as long as they do not interfere with the Videographer’s duties.
3. Event arrangement. The details of the event are to be agreed beforehand in writing or email. The Client shall notify the Videographer of any changes to these details in writing.
4. Booking fee and Payment. A booking fee of £200 is due with the submission of the booking form or no later than three days thereafter. The remaining balance is payable in full, three weeks before the event. Failure to do so may result in a late fee.
5. Cancellation. On signing of this Agreement by both parties, the Videographer will reserve the time agreed upon and will not make another reservation for the specific time frame. For this reason, all booking fees are non-refundable even if the date is changed or if the event is cancelled for any reason.
6. Shooting time. The Client and the Videographer agree that cooperation and punctuality are essential to accomplish the goals and wishes of all parties. Shooting commences at the scheduled start time and ends at the scheduled end time.
7. Copyright and Reproductions. The Videographer owns the copyright for all footage created and shall retain the exclusive right to make reproductions. The Client hereby accepts that the Videographer may display any video covered by this Agreement in websites, social media, etc. and to enter contests or exhibitions.
8. Client’s Usage. The Client has unlimited but non-exclusive rights to use the video. The Client has the right to share the video on social media, but not to exhibit or enter it into any contest as their own, or to pass on to any third parties as promotional material.
9. Post production and editing. The post production and editing styles, effects, and overall look of the video are left to the discretion of the Videographer. One round of revisions to the video is permitted at the discretion of the Videographer. Beyond this any further edits are chargeable. The final edit shall not be altered.
10. Raw or unedited footage of the event will not be supplied except in exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of the Videographer and at an additional cost.
11. Limit of liability. In the unlikely event that the Videographer is unable to perform their duties to the guidelines of this Agreement due to an injury, illness, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of both parties the Videographer will make every effort to secure a replacement. If the situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the unlikely event that video materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or computer malfunction, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Videographer. The liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract; neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
12. Safety. The Videographer reserves the right to terminate coverage and leave the location of the event if the Videographer experiences inappropriate, threatening, hostile or offensive behaviour from person(s) at the event; or in the event that the safety of the Videographer is in question.
13. Responsibility. The Videographer is not responsible for compromised coverage due to causes beyond the control of the Videographer including but not limited to obtrusive guests, lateness of the Client or guests, weather conditions, schedule complications, or restrictions of the locations. The Videographer will make the best effort to honour requests for specific footage but is not accountable for failure to deliver footage of any individuals or any objects at the event.
14. A ‘cooling-off’ period of 14 days is entered into following payment of the booking fee. During this 14-day period the Client may cancel the booking and receive a full refund of the booking fee. After this period the booking fee is non-refundable.
15. Country of Jurisprudence. The Agreement is made under, and subject to, English Law.